But I've also been hammering out some of the game textures. New to this week-- we have an improved ocean, a whole bunch of food textures, and some light textures. I didn't expect to be too much of an artist for this game, but with the programming being a solid commitment, I need to do a lot of art just to keep up. Nik's been doing a great job with the python development. This week we've seen the game itself get a lot better looking, both in functionality and art. We have run a demo where a cell was created from a block diagram. It then spun in circles, which was actually great, because we just gave it a flagellum with a constant input.
But both programming and art are major tasks. We're going to have a ton of work in front of us to finish something playable in a month. If we all put in the time we committed to and, more importantly, care how the game turns out, I think we can still pull things off.
Also the trac ticketing system, which we've started using, is working out great. It's nice to sit down and see a list of all the things you have to do. It gives you a greater sense of urgency (which is great, in my opinion), and also helps you to say "good enough, time to move on". Unfortunately, as of a few minutes ago, I have no tickets, so I'm going to go bug people until they tell me what they need done.