Friday, April 17, 2009

I have returned, and with me brought sprites

So it's been over a month since my last post. Spring break fell in there somewhere and there were a few slow weeks. But I was doing stuff. Just not updating :-P. I did some looking into Boost alternatives early on in my disappearance including SWIG. I didn't have anymore luck than Andrew and so I moved on.

In the last week I've learned all about the code that Nik was writing and have been working on implementing a method to instantiate a cell sprite based on any given block diagram configuration. Today, I can finally say that I have a working way to introduce a compilation of individual part images as a cell. The following image shows us displaying 3 separate images (a cell body, barb, and flagellum in tandem.) At the moment they don't animate correctly and so are spit apart. I'll be working on that.

So, for the next couple of days I see myself fixing the animation problems and moving on to expanding the logic for cell introduction to allow more organelles and to actually decipher block diagram since someone gets those working properly. After that I'll probably move on to writing some of the actions that cells will take based on logic that they have built in (finding food or enemies, etc.)

Write again soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment