Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Introduction

It's high time that I check in as well and give a small introduction and prospective vision for my work to be completed over the next several months.

I originally joined the project in an effort to further my budding C experience (now wrapping C for Python). November and December of 2008 I futzed with writing my own soft-body physics simulator and collision detector. It worked well enough and given enough time I would enjoy attempting to implement an equivalent design in the game. After several sessions together as the full team though, I suspect the intensity of attempting to compute collisions between partially elastic bodies for, potentially, several hundreds of cells at once might not be a viable option.

In the meantime, I have been helping discuss and elucidate the intricacies of the game with my fellow teammates. I foresee myself helping to discuss further design decisions at a higher level; however, once the backbone has been sufficiently established, I intend to focus primarily on coding the dynamic parsing of the system blocks and constructing the framework to rapidly produce future blocks as gameplay elements are finalized by those devoted entirely to the direction of the game and balancing.

On an aside, the initial design document has been finalized, so we all have a better understanding of the path we'll be embarking upon as well as a rough idea of the time-line to which we will be adhering to ensure completion of important elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment